Subject: Airport Dosimetry
Author:  RADSAFE (INELMAIL.RADSAFE) at _EMS
Date:    11/19/97 12:50 PM

     Does anyone know what to expect when a Panasonic 802 TLD goes through
     a 'explosives detector' at an airport?

     We recently processed a TLD which had 1.5 rem neutron plus 3.0 rem
     low-energy beta (no gamma).  This does not appear to be an
     occupational exposure or the result of improper TLD storage.  One of
     our follow-up actions will be to send a few test TLDs through the
     airport systems.

     My e-mail address is TBSundsmo@lbl.gov.

     Thanks,
     Todd