Re: Am-241 smoke detectors

My understanding is the dose to individuals is about 0.0001 mrem/yr.  At
this level I suspect that there are only two hazards worth being concerned
about.
1.  If the smoke detector did not work and you died in a fire.
2.  If the individual try to swallow the detector and could not pass it.

John Pickering
San Jose State University