Re: Accidents and Dose Limits -

> PS> I could not agree with you more.  The likelyhood of a
> major accident is ever so slight (if non-existant) due to the
> viligance of the personnel in the industry/government, but one
> must always be prepared for the worst and hope for
> the best.

There are "incidents" all the time. Most Are minimal, handled
appropriately, which prevent escalation. Some are more serious.
Accidents will occur, and I believe that there will definitely be
other "TMI's and Chernobyls" .. NOT because personnel are not
vigilant and diligent, rather the numbers are dwindling due to
corporate downsizing (which continues), and, most of the facilities
have lost a significant number of man-years in the process. The
knowledge level is just not there. This does not take away from
those working in the industry, but just points out that when a
company lets go scores of individuals with > 20 years on-site
experience, that is a factor that can not be reconciled with. Notice
the increasing number of power plants on the "hit list"???

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division