Surveying quantities of archived records

     I am looking for an instrument capable of detecting alpha and beta
     radiation down to the DOE Order 5400.5 unrestricted release limits on
     paper documents in boxes of dimensions: 15" x 12" x 10".  There have
     been some contaminated items located and removed from a population of
     ~900 boxes of these records, and I need to determine the best way to
     survey the remainder of them.   We tried the LRAD unit developed by
     LANL, but it was inadequate.  Is anyone out there aware of technology
     capable of surveying these records by the box, and if so, please
     contact me by e-mail:

                              randall.tyson@rfets.gov.

     You may also contact me @ 303-966-8172.