RE: RADSAFE digest 1623

Acting on your suggestion, I checked the web site.  As you indicated, the
plot shows a positive risk at zero dose. This is not at all incorrect but is
actually the proper presentation.  For example, if a specific effect (eg
thyroid cancer) is selected as end point, there will be a natural incidence
in a theoretical unirradiated population.  This then is what the graph
depicts.  To do otherwise would be misleading, for it would imply that the
entire risk was radiation induced.

Ron Kathren