Re: Reactor Recirc. Pumps

Duane Arnold Energy Center performed this activity in July, 1990.  Answers
are as follows:

1.  14 R/hr contact (after performing a recirc LOMI-AP chemical decon)
2.  About 14 person-rem
3.  A shielded cask supplied by Byron Jackson which was qualified for a rig
and lift to the refuel floor if required.
4.  It continues to be stored on-site in our low level radwaste facility.
5.  N/A

Please contact me directly for more information if needed. (319-851-7628)

>>> <WOODSR@detroitedison.com> 12/04 6:29 AM >>>

The Detroit Edison Fermi 2 Plant will be performing the removal of the
rotating assemblies for our Reactor Recirculation Pumps.  I know that this
has
been performed at other utilities in the past, and I am requesting some
information from the RADSAFE community pertaining to the following
questions:

1. What was the dose rates on the shaft/impeller?
2. What was the total dose accumulated for the job?
3. How did you shield the rotating assembly after removal?
4. Did you ship the assembly or store it on site?
5. If you did ship it, how did you partake in deconing it?

And finally, were there any Lessons Learned that would help in the planning
of
this job in the future.

I would like to thank anyone in advance who responds to this.  You can
reply
to me personally at woodsr@detroitedison.com or to RADSAFE.  Thanks again.

The previous message does not necessarily reflect the views of Detroit
Edison
and are mine alone.