Trivial Reply

Mr. Chaney
I must be mistaken.  I thought that one of the best uses of this list was to
alert others to mistakes that could affect them and enable people to learn from
others mistakes.  I was working at a site where a very similar situation
occurred and the unit got shipped offsite as a non rad shipment.  Upon arrival
at the next site it was discovered that it was contaminated and the NRC's
reaction to this was anything but trivial.

These errors occur because of the zeal to try to limit the amount of equipment
taken into RCA's.  What happens is a clean unit is placed outside the RCA and a
hose run to the work location.  Due to the unit being outside the RCA the level
of scrutinity placed on it in regard to Rad Surveys prior to release offsite is
much lower if not non existent.

Ron Shepherd
SHEPHRL@GWSMTP.NU.COM