Re: Bayser or Bayzer process??????

Sandy Perle wrote:

> While watching CNN's Crossfire Sunday show, a comment was made about
> the Bayser - Bayzer (sp?) Process, whereby radioactive waste was made
> benign. The comment was made as part of the discussion evolving
> around the global warming issue, and the implication made was that by
> using this process, the US could build another hundred nuclear power
> plants. The bigger implication being made was that the only reason we
> aren't building nuclear power plants today is the radwaste issue,
> which we all know is not an issue (if the government would get off of
> their duffs) and that the real issue is the public's perception that
> nuclear power is inherently dangerous (be it the LNT or not).
>
> Anyone have any information on this process?
> ------------------
> Sandy Perle
> Technical Director
> ICN Dosimetry Division
> Costa Mesa, CA 92626
> Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
> Fax:    (714) 668-3149
>
> sandyfl@ix.netcom.com
> sperle@icnpharm.com
>
> Personal Homepage:
> http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205
>
> ICN Dosimetry Website:
> http://www.dosimetry.com
>
> "The object of opening the mind, as of opening
> the mouth, is to close it again on something solid"
>               - G. K. Chesterton -

I have seen one article on this subject in a small Daily newspaper.

A company named American Technologies Group together with Cal Tech is
doing R&D on using a "particle beam Laser consisting of Bose-Einstein
condensates".  The research team is lead by Dr. Shui-Yin Lo.  The
process is supposed to generate heat as well as transmute nuclear
waste.

It sounds similar to a proposal by LANL to perform accellerator based
HLW transmutation. It also sounds a little pretentious that some
undeveloped technology is going to suddenly solve all of our nuclear
waste ills, when  those ills developed from a lack of political will,
poor planning, and over regulation.

I will fax a copy of the short article I have to those interested.

Andrew Tompkins
Woodstock, GA

Tel.: 770-517-4320
e-mail: jatalbq@ix.netcom.com