Radium Chemical Structure

Hi Radsafers:

Several years ago an incident at a storage facility for old radium
formerly used in dial painting resulted in a fire related incident.

Does anyone out there have a source of information on the chemical
structure of the dial painting medium?  Was this medium soluable in
water used to fight the fire?  Any information on resulting personnel
and environmental contamination would be appreciated - or just a
source where I could find information on this incident.

Believe this incident occurred in the northeast U.S.

Thanks for any assistance.  Please reply directly to my attached
address.

James H. Ogden, Jr., Emergency Planner
WIPP Transportation Project
INTERNET Address (jogden@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us)