Re: food irradiation related question

Tad Blanchard wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Sounds like this would accomplish NOTHING.  Adding the bacteria to the feed
> cannot possibly reduce the potential for E-Coli contamination from the meat
> processing plant, the grocery store or the home kitchen counter.

Ted and All,

I think the idea is to substitute a strain of E-Coli or other bacteria
in the guts of cattle which is less toxic to humans. The benign strain
would replace the native E-Coli in animals. I do not know if it would
work, but it sounds possible.

Wes
--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.