Re: food irradiation related question

Radsafers,

A long time ago I was a practicing biologist (Ph.D) and without digging up
exact references, the woman who wants to add benign bacteria to cattle feed
SHOULD go back and dig up exact references.  E. coli is part of the natural
gut flora and fauna (humans and a myriad of other vertebrate species as well).
First, it cannot be replaced by a "benign" species (whatever that is); second,
IF it could, I'm sure the host organism would not be very happy.

Bob Kulikowski

PS - Glad to see NYC is not the only harbor for persons with such thoughts.