re: food irradiation related question

Does anyone else find this a common tactic by the anti-food irradiation
crowd?  As soon as you present a solution to a problem, they say the
problem is really much bigger than that.  For example I have read several
times that the the lack of people using proper hygine and preperation
techniques for food will just recontaminate it.  For some reason this
is supposed to mean that killing parasites as the stuff leaves the
packaging plant is a waste of money and time.

This person in Seattle seems to be doing the same thing.  They cannot
argue that you haven't presented a solution to the meat contamination
so now they are trying to change the debate to a different problem. What
the are saying is likely true, but it is not the issue.  Perhaps they
would like to expand the use of irradiation?

Michael Baker