From:"David Hearnsberger " <server@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
To: Multiple,recipients,of,list,radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
Subject: Glow in the Dark Watches

Yesterday a colleague of mine kept alarming our Hand and Foot Gas flow
proportional counter on her left hand. After some trouble shooting I did a
gamma spec on her watch with an HPGe. The analysis revealed Eu-152 and
Eu-154. A separate gas flow measurement indicated ~1600 dpm on the face of
the watch. The manufacturer of the watch is Seiko. Has anyone ever heard
of Europium being used to illuminate a watch dial? Any insight into this
will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

David W. Hearnsberger		phone:	(409)845-7551           *
Texas A&M University		fax:	(409)862-2667           *
Nuclear Science Center		email:	hberger@trinity.tamu.edu*
FE Box 89 Bldg. 1095                                            *
College Station, Texas                                          *
                 77840                                          *

--Boundary-1612303-0-0--