Re: food irradiation related questions -Reply

I assume (I know its bad to) you all have read the Federal Register notices on
irradiation of meats/foodstuffs (Vol 62, No. 232, page 64107).  There are two notices
about irradiation.  They contained an extensive amount of material on testing
protocols and results.  Included are discussions on the toxicological concerns and a
listing of microorganisms found on meat.

Code of Federal Registers can be found on GPO web page...

H.  Dean Chaney, CHP -  USNRC, Region IV/WCFO
hdc@nrc.gov
ddchaney@castles.com

The views put forth above are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the beliefs or policies of the USNRC or any other
governmental entity.