Seaborg on Nuclear Power -Reply

2 comments.  1) Since it is common knowledge that nuclear power is clean and does
not contribute to global warming, why aren't we being begged by the
environmentalists to build more plants.  I suspect politics is the reason.  2)  The
reactor engineering defect,  or positive temperature coefficient, ie., reactivity
increases as temp increases is not present in our BWRs and PWRs.  However, I think
the N reactor and some of the other reactors in Richland, Wa. also had some of the
same problems as the Russian Plants, such as no containment and positive
temperature coefficients.

These views are mine and not the views of my Agency.  KMP@NRC.Gov