RE: Drum Containment

Dave-

Take a look at the ACGIH Ventilation Manual (ISBN 0-936712-97-X); it has
numerous examples of local exhaust ventilation designs.  It's a good
idea to test your system with visible smoke under typical work
conditions to ensure the airborne contaminants will be captured by hood.
 This test should be performed with all competing air currents present
(worker movements, make-up air, etc.).  If your interested, I have some
lessons learned information from a plutonium waste handling operation
that I could share with you off-line.

Good luck,
Ron

The opinions expressed here have not been reviewed or
approved by my employer.

Ron Reif, CHP, CIH, CSP
DOE/AL/OSHD
P.O. Box 5400