Re: Isotope Transfer Documentation Requirements

As someone has pointed out, if the transfer is completely indoors, DOT
rules do not apply.  However, someone else has pointed out that NRC imposes
the rules anyway.  (Agreement states impose them, too, since this is an
item of compatibility.)  The only way out would seem to be a license
amendment for both institutions to exempt your inter-institutional
transfers from DOT requirements.  The circumstances seem to make the
exception very reasonable.

Good luck.

Dave Scherer
scherer@uiuc.edu