Re: IRPA-9 TEXTBOOK ON WEB -Reply

Jim Ogden wrote:
01/05/98 08:34am >>>
I was checking out the transportation section of the Textbook.
The appendix shows radiation doses to workers and the general public
resulting from the transport of radioactive materials,  yet lists
doses from only France, the UK, and Germany.

Does anyone have similar data for the U.S. for road, rail, air or
water?

Jim, see NUREG-0170, "Final Environmental Statement on the Transportation of
RAM by Air and other Modes, December 1977.  The exposure data in this NUREG
covers all modes of transportation and was revalidated by a NRC commissioned
survey.  The survey results were documented in a Sandia Labs report:  SAND
84-7174 (4/85), "Transport of Radioactive Material in the United States."

H.  Dean Chaney, CHP -  USNRC, Region IV/WCFO
hdc@nrc.gov
ddchaney@castles.com

The views put forth above are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the beliefs or policies of the USNRC or any other
governmental entity.