Re: Radon Control During Remediation

It's not clear why radon should be an issue in connection with the handling
of DU. Du is essentially U238 and its first two daughters, Th234 and Pa234.
If you take a look at the decay series, you'll see that the next daughter is
U234 @ t1/2= 2.5E5y. The next is Th230 @ 8E4y. Only then do we come to Ra226
@ 1602y. There hasn't been time for ingrowth of the Rn producer. Am I
missing something here?

chris alston