National Fire Prevention Agency Code 472

Radsafers:

ust received a call from a major cites Fire Department who was
preparing for a HAZMAT Technicians course under the 1997 472-51
standard.

They questioned one of the referenced "units of measurement" given in
Appendix A of the Code.  The question was what is "Quantity gamma"?

I admit that I don't know and was wondering if anyone had ever used
this term.  The NFPA's writer/reviewer has retired and could not be
contacted.  No one else at NFPA was sure what the term refered to.

If you have a clue please contact me directly - the course is
scheduled close to the end of the month.

Thanks,

James H. Ogden, Jr., Emergency Planner
WIPP Transportation Project
INTERNET Address (jogden@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us)