Re: need newspaper, magazine articles

Bruce Busby wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In the name of radiation safety eduction, I am posting a request for
> help from the radsafe community.
>
> I am working on a new web page, that will list/link to newspaper and
> magizine articles that deal with radiation and related issues. If
> anyone has URLs saved for already published articles, please forward
> them to me.
> PLEASE do not (re) post these to radsafe, send them directly to me.
>
> And anyone seeing them in the future, I would appreciate you
> forwarding them to me at BABusby@aol.com
>
> The boring first draft is at:
> http://www.physics.isu.edu/radinf/news.htm
>
> Bruce Busby
> BABusby@aol.com

Hi Bruce,

I notice your link to "New Scientist" that refs an article part way down the
page but does not seem to have a link to that article. Was this intended? I
linked to couple of others that did not go to the article but to home page
that required searching. As indicated by the CNN/Jane Fonda network article
you have posted, this article simply promulgated radiation fear-mongering
disinformation, consistent with new-scientist anti-technology dubious science
traditions, to advocate that it is "already causing other scientists working
in radiation protection to question the existing safeguards". These don't seem
to be credible sources of factual information on radiation health effects.

What is your intent in producing this site?

The article on chernobyl says that the failure of the sarcophagus could lead
to "an even greater disaster" than the acident? This is part of the
justification for collecting massive funds to clean up and shut down
Chernobyl, in the name of fear of radiation, as presided over by Al Gore.

The link to The State brings up today's headline, "Nichols Escapes Death". Was
the Barnwell article yesterday's headline?

There's an item by "Rachel's" from 1994 lauding Colby, the anti-food
irradiation "populist" crusader who works diligently on behalf of the chemical
companies that now fumigate our food with methyl bromide and other chemical
some of which would not be necessary with irradiation.

I'm somewhat appalled at what this effort seems to be trying to do. Who is
providing your sources, Helen Caldicott?

I recommend the following link to an article with something more relevant to
say on radiation health effects and radiation fear mongering :-)

http://www.ans.org/pubs/magazines/NN/40/7eg.html

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
muckerheide@mediaone.net
jmuckerheide@delphi.com