Re: Ni-63

Hi Joel,

I don't have the paper, but there was a report (NW?) of a paper presented in
the Seville conference by Albrecht Kellerer that reported on the Ni-63 in
Hiroshima, if I remember correctly, in rain gutters (don't know what
material), at substantial distance from the hypocenter. This confirms other
activation studies over the last 10 years to show that neutron doses are very
much higher in the 'low-dose' Hiroshima survivors than acknowledged by RERF/NAS.

DS86 doses are unjustified, for a decade, yet LNT supporters in control
constrain revising them upward (as Sinclair committed to in '92). The
Nevada/Hiroshima humidity that provided the rationale to suppress the neutron
component is again shown to be unsubstantiated, yet these doses/health effects
estimates have become the sole 'proof' of the LNT to 5 rem (which is a
manufactured number that depends on presuming the LNT to adjust data before
calculating the risk, even if you would accept the LNT - or that instantaneous
atomic bomb gamma+neutron dose estimates, with poor dosimetry even without the
DS86 errors, is relevant to show adverse effects of chronic low-dose exposure,
while the population is living longer than their unexposed counterparts. :-)

> Looking for information on activation product Ni-63 in concrete and
> steel.
> Stainless steel has plenty of Ni-62 to be activated, but does anyone
> have information on nickel in carbon steel and/or concrete?  Thanks in
> advance.
>
> =-=-=Joel Cehn, jcehn@worldnet.att.net

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
muckerheide@mediaone.net