OEPA radionuclide emissions

Dear RADSAFErs -

I ust returned from the OEPA hearing on their proposed rule.  The OEPA
representative made an opening statement that they had decided to withdraw
from consideration the rule in question pending further discussion with
recently-identified affected parties.  They do intend to re-introduce this
rule, but I would like to point out that radionuclide emissions play only a
minor role in this whole rule.  The rule will be re-introduced, but the
section addressing radionuclides may be removed.

There were only two people presenting testimony at the meeting, myself and
the Chair of the Ohio Radioactive Materials Users Group.  There were other
attendees, however, from a number of organizations.

I will try to keep RADSAFE updated with future happenings in this area.
And, again, I would like to thank all of you for the information,
suggestions, and support I received.

Thanks!

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP  (karam.1@osu.edu)
The Ohio State University Office of Radiation Safety
1314 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH  43212
(614) 292-1284 (phone)
(614) 292-7002 (fax)