Re: dose from airborne emissions -Reply

Andrew, I believe you are very correct in your position, but you will come under fire
from agencies involved in maintaining a cash cow from the over regulating trivial
amounts of materials (radiological and nonradiological).  I guess they can't find
something more important and real to spend the regulatory/tax dollar on, such as
food safety or highway safety, or even improved public health clinic staffing.
Spending it on public seminars for educating the populous on the real radiological
health aspects of the work place and environment is probably totally out the
question.

H.  Dean Chaney, CHP -  USNRC, Region IV/WCFO
hdc@nrc.gov
ddchaney@castles.com

The views put forth above are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the beliefs or policies of the USNRC or any other
governmental entity.