Re: RE: Drill Scenario

Ernie

How close were the workers to the refueling transfer canal????
How long was the fuel element in the canal??????

The calculations that were given as a rough estimate are relative to a fuel
element that has been  out of an active core for >30 days.    I assume
that, in the case you cited,  if they were moving a fuel element through
the fuel transfer canal to the storage area, that it just recently was
removed from an active core.   One week of decay for a fuel element just
removed from the core leaves it at many times the dose rate of a fuel
element that has been out of the core for 30 days.

I do no see anything wrong with the validity of the calculations.

George Hofferber
ghofferber@scientech.com