Re: rhabdymyosarcoma -Reply

Rhabdomyosarcoma is a malignant striated muscle cell tumor.  In some cases
it is embryonic in origin.
I do not believe induction has been associated with radiation exposure.
Prognosis is variable, reasonably good for embryonal type, less so with
adult.  Muscle tissue as you know is relatively radioresitant.  Accepted
streatments are surgery, usually in combination with chemotherapy and
radiotherapy (in the case of the latter at least for the embryonal type).
Rhabdomyosarcoma is fairly common in children accounting for about 5-8% of
all cancers in children.  There are likmely a number of WWW sites, including
those of the American Cancer Society that could provide more accurate and up
to date data on this and other cancers.  Your search engine should be able
to direct you to many; a search on the word 'rhabdomyosarcoma' using Look
Smart yielded 1793 matches.

Ron Kathren