Subject: Irradiator Accidents
Author:  "Otto G. Raabe" <ograabe@ucdavis.edu> at Internet
Date:    1/15/98 11:08 AM

January 15, 1998
Davis, CA

A local anti-nuclear group claims that there have been fatalities in
accidents involving Co-60 irradiators used for sterilizing purposes
somewhere in the world. Does anyone have any info on such accidents?

Otto
                Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
                [President, Health Physics Society, 1997-1998]
                Institute of Toxicology & Environmental Health (ITEH)
                     (Street address: Old Davis Road)
                University of California, Davis, CA 95616
                Phone: 530-752-7754  FAX: 530-758-6140 [NEW AREA CODE]
                E-mail ograabe@ucdavis.edu