Re: Irradiator Accidents

The best short compilation of industrial irradiator accidents is an IAEA
Publication, "Lessons Learned from Accidents in Industrial Irradiation
Facilities" published in 1996.  (STI/PUB/1015,  ISBN 92-0-102696-X)

And, yes, there have been several fatalities associated with gamma
irradiators in different locations, none of which occurred in the US.  If
you need some quick specific information, contact me.  (My company
designs, builds, and operates gamma and electron-beam irradiators.)

Mark Smith, CHP
Corporate Manager, Technical Services
SteriGenics International
web25@charweb.org