Kakadu National Park

I found in a message from Sandy Perle a press note, that there are protests
against the second uranium mine in Kakadu National Park. It was said that
the aborigines protested against both mines.

Is there anybody, who knows the correct story? To my knowledge there is an
agreement between the aborigines and the government concerning exploitation
of the Ranger Mine. I would believe that there is another one for the new
mine.

Franz
Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department for Radiochemistry and Radioactivity of Food
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
AUSTRIA
tel.: +43-1-40491-520