Re: Iinfo on Nuclear Technology

     I hate to push my own stuff, but let me recommend "Environmental
     Pollution and Control" by J. J. Peirce, P. A. Vesilind, and R. F.
     Weiner (the last is actually me!), Butterworth-Heinemann, 1997.  The
     book is a shortened "lay" version of our Environmental Engineering
     text.  I am the author of the section titled Radioactive Waste (as
     well as the sections on air pollution and on risk).  The book covers
     air, water, noise, and solid waste as well as radioactive waste.
     Since it's about pollution, it's geared toward waste. This is intended
     as a textbook, so we are as even handed as we can be, and tried to
     avoid any propaganda.  By the way, Peirce and Vesilind are professors
     of civil engineering at Duke University.

     I would steer clear of the League of Women Voters book on radwaste
     (though I think highly of the League).

     Ruth

     Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
     Transportation Systems Department