RE: Iinfo on Nuclear Technology

For general information on nuclear energy there are several good
books.  Two recent books that I like are below.  I included the
descriptions of the books from the publisher's web page for your
information.

Bluebells and Nuclear Energy by Albert B. Reynolds
Cogito Books, 1996, Softcover approximately $28.00

	"For many years, the author has taught summer courses on nuclear
	energy and radiation to elementary and secondary school science
	teachers. The purpose is to prepare teachers to teach these topics
	to their students. This book has grown out of those experiences.
	It is designed not only for teachers and their students but also
	for members of the general public who want to learn more than they
	already know about nuclear energy and radiation.

	Without talking down to his readers, Dr. Reynolds explains in a
	very understandable way what radiation is, what its applications
	are, how nuclear power plants work, and why they are safe.

	Dr. Reynolds is Professor of Nuclear Engineering at the University
	of Virginia and a fellow of the American Nuclear Society."

 	"...an excellent resource, reference and guide to understanding the
	crucial elements and issues. I find the level of complexity and the
	depth of coverage to be very appropriate for the background of my
	students." Dave idenour, high school physics, nuclear energy, and
	astronomy teacher"

America the Powerless by Alan Waltar
Cogito Books, Softcover $22.95 236 pp.

	"The author believes that nuclear-generated electric power is the
	est energy option for our generation. Focusing on the issues that
  	concern the public regarding nuclear energy, he confronts each anti-
	nuclear objection and systematically dismantles the myths and
	misconceptions behind it. The Foreward is by Nobel Laureate Glenn T.
	Seaborg."

Cogito Books is part of Medical Physics Publishing in Madison, Wisconsin.
You can place an order or request a catalog via phone, fax, email, or
regular mail. Via phone by calling (800) 442-5778 or (608) 262-4021.

You can mail or fax your order to:

	Medical Physics Publishing
	4513 Vernon Blvd.
	Madison, WI 53705-4964
	FAX: (608) 265-2121

You can order via the internet from their web page at:

	http://www.medicalphysics.org/

I hope this helps,
Michael Baker

Michael C. Baker, Ph.D.		 Safeguards Science and Technology
Postdoctoral Research Associate	 Nonproliferation and International
					          Security Division
					   Los Alamos National Laboratory
Phone: (505) 667-7334		   P.O. Box 1663, Mail Stop E540
Fax:   (505) 665-4433		         Los Alamos, NM 87545