Re: "Atomic Dog"

Bates,
I did check out this site.  I am curious though, it sounds from the "Urgent
Alert"
like the anti's are just jumping on what should be an entirely Native
American/US
Governement argument.  It sounds like the real issue is whether or not the
Feds
actually made arrangements with the local tribe to use the land.  The
"desecration"
to a native tribe would be ANY use of the land if it were regarded as sacred.
To the tribe the issue is not that it's rad waste, but the added media
support
generated by the anti's only helps their cause at not cost to them.
Anyone out there from the Ward Valley Project able to comment on this?
BTW, I'm (a small) part Native American myself, thus my interest.

Scott Kniffin

Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
reviewed by my employer or supervisor.