Re: US NRC Press Release re Thyroid Protection/Emergencies

Hi all,
The check that you are refering to is usually used to see if the patient is
allergic to the carrier or serum that the agent is in.  I've had this problem
my self.  You just have to hope that the reaction isn't anaphlactic (sp?).

Scott Kniffin

Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
reviewed by my employer or supervisor.

At 17:01 01/21/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Bob, I am not sure about allergic reactions to elemental iodine.  However,
I have seen