Ionic Charger help ID

Hi All,

I have an interesting device I need help with identifying. It is called an
Ionic Charger, made by Ionic Research Foundation, Winter Park, Florida. It
is in a very nice wooden box (cherry wood?) that is approx 8 x 11 x
5 inches.
It contains a glass column/chamber that has a radionuclide (radium?)
and lead shield and metal endcaps. It reads on contact with the box about
20 mR/hr with a ion chamber detector.  From what I can tell, water is
passed through it via tygon hose, and two glass stop cocks and collected.
The instructions mention something about "charging" the water
for plant watering and experiments. It is at least 30 years old, and
could be much older (the tygon could be a more recent
addition/replacement).

Anyone know for sure what the nuclide is, and the amount?

Bruce Busby
bbusby@umich.edu