Defense Preparedness for the Deployment of Radioisotopes.

     I am interested in obtaining information or possible references that
     discuss the possible deployment (cruise missiles, grenade, explosive
     devices, etc.) of long lived radioisotopes.  Other than the  fission
     products from a uranium/plutonium weapon, what could be other types of
     radioisotopes that could generate a hazardous chronic exposure that
     would require protective response at the civilian level?

     If this type of information is available but CLASSIFIED, please inform
     as such so that I may go through the proper security channels to
     obtain.

     Also, what types of spectrometry instrumentation is currently
     available for the detection of such a scenario?

     Thank you in advance.

     Dennis G. Stallsmith, M.S.
     Radiation Safety Officer
     General Dynamics Land Systems