Re: Ionic Charger help ID -Reply

>I often wonder whether germanium detectors are not "state of the art"
>in the
>USA when reading some questions on RADSAFE. I dare say that they
>are "state
>of the art" in Europe .....
>No flame intended, any flames welcome.

>Franz

No offense taken ;-)

I wouldn't be surprised if that "state of the art" germanium system you
are using  was made in the USA.  On the other hand, I have heard that
you folk in Vienna are still trying to make measurements with some of the
electroscopes Stephan Meyer had to leave behind when he was booted
out in 1938.

PS The first commercially available GeLi and HPGE detectors were, to the
best of my knowledge, produced here in town by ORTEC in the early 60s
and 80s respctively.

;-)

best wishes

paul frame