News Blurb on Caldicott and Millstone

From: NRC Web page 1/23/98

WATERFORD, CONN. -- Speaking at a public forum Thursday night, Dr. Helen Caldicott, the noted anti-nuclear activist, called for residents to lie down in front of trucks if necessary to prevent the restart of the Millstone units.  She also said people should not buy locally grown food in the summer because of effluent from the plants.  Neither, she said, should people eat Hershey chocolate bars because they are produced 13 miles from the Three Mile Island station.  The Day, (p. B1); Norwich Bulletin, (p. A1), 1/23.

ST. LOUIS -- Senators Harry Reid and Richard Bryan of Nevada warned Thursday that thousands of tons of nuclear waste could pass through Missouri if a pending bill is adopted to authorize an interim spent fuel storage facility in Nevada.  *Our mission in visiting St. Louis is to make ‘Mobile Chernobyl’ a household name,* said Sen. Bryan.  St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 1/23.

If you fellow RADSAF'ers can get a link to the above newspapers I encourage you to send them some clarification on the above issues, especially the Senators.

H.  Dean Chaney, CHP -  USNRC, Region IV/WCFO
hdc@nrc.gov
ddchaney@castles.com

The views put forth above are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the beliefs or policies of the USNRC or any other
governmental entity.