Re: News Blurb on Caldicott and Millstone -Reply

Ken:

You and Dean Chaney have been and continue to be active, valued participants on the RADSAFE net. From both of your NRC perspectives, I think other RADSAFERS would appreciate your considered comments on the recent letter that Carol Marcus posted to RADSAFE addressed to Shirley Jackson wherein Carol, amongst other things, basically accused the NRC of regulatory mismanagement of medical research, specifically as related to the hazards of exempting 1 microcurie capsules of C-14 from traditional NRC regulatory control.

REGARDS David

At 11:15 AM 23-01-98 -0600, you wrote:
>Caldicot is not playing with a full deck, but apparently that doesn't stop these idiots
>from printing everything she says without any confirmation. Maybe Hershey, the
>farmers, or safety officials can sue her sort of the beef industry and Oprah? The two
>senators also seem to be missing a few cards.
>
>These ramblings are my own KMP@ NRC.GOV

David W. Lee
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Radiation Protection Services Group (ESH-12)
PO Box 1663, MS K483
Los Alamos, NM 87545
PH: (505) 667-8085
FAX: (505) 667-9726