Re: Re[2]: Low Doses?

        1) There are  papers presented at the International Conference on
Low Doses, held in Seville, Spain, 17-21 November (IAEA TEC-DOC 976,
November 1997) considering low doses in the range 0.01 and 1 Gy;

	2)  In the same document there is a paper "Low Doses -- A Real Problem for
Radiation Protection and Radiobiology or a Semantic Crossword",  where the
authors among many questions, examine  the following:  "Which Dose is Low
Dose?" -- The same question mentioned  here two days ago by Mr Muckerheide:
"What is the dose one could hardly call 'low'? "

	3) I am sure that some remarks, and topics discussed here are delicious
dishes for ante nuclear activists from German, Sweden and Japan.

J. J. Rozental <josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
Israel

At 09:21 AM 1/26/98 -0600, you wrote:

>A recent article in Nuclear News by Michael Osterheim cites "1 to 3 kG" as an
>"adequate margin of safety for common food-borne pathogens"  The auther calls
>this a low dose, but 100,00 to 300,00 rad doesn't sound "low.".  I don't know
>what "high" and "low" mean in this context. When food is cooked, the heat is
>certainly much higher that paople can comfortably (or uncomfortably)
tolerate --