Re: Re[2]: Children: rad exposure from Nuc Med patients -Reply

Steve,
Along with what I suspect is the majority of Radsafers, I find it very
difficult to take a dose of 1 mrem seriously, let alone to  perform an
ALARA analysis of doses at this level.  However, as recent Radsafe
exchanges about air emissions have indicated, EPA has regulatory
requirements at this dose level. So, if we take it seriously in this
instance, aren't we generally obliged to take it as such, regardless of our
personal judgement (unless and until we slay the dragon of LN-T)?
Andy Hull
S&EP-BNL
Upton, N.Y. 11973
Ph  516-344-4210