Radiation Accident Response for Emergency Room Personnel

The REAC/TS (Radiation Emergency Assistance Center / Training Site) in
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, offers a couple of classes worth checking into:

1.  Handling of Radiation Accidents by Emergency Personnel (3 ½ days
geared to physicians and nurses for emergency staff)
2.	Medical Planning and Care in Radiation Accidents (5 days, for
physicians).

A third class, Health Physics in Radiation Accidents, (5 days) is geared
to HPs.  A good class (I took it in 1985).

The main problem may be  getting into one of the classes.  The HP is
Radiation Accidents class use to be offered twice a year and both
classes were pretty much filled with waiting lists within one month of
the announcement of the class.  It wouldn't surprise me if the other
classes experience the same problem.

REAC/TS is operated by the Oak Ridge Institute of Science and
Engineering.  You might try calling them on (423) 576-3131.  I don't
have an e-mail for them.

	Gene Carbaugh
	Radiation Protection Services
	Pacific Northwest National Laboratory