Maybe uranyl acetate ISN'T a RCRA waste?

All-

I spoke to soon.  The LD50 of less than 5,000 mg/kg is a CALIFORNIA
requirement only.  In fact California regulations (21 CCR 66261.24) go so
far as to say if it can cause illness or death if inhaled, swallowed or
absorbed through the skin its a California Hazardous Waste.

As was pointed out to me the Federal EPA regulations (40 CFR 261.24) DO NOT
reference a LD50 value only the TCLP extraction list.

Therefore, I'd conclude that uranyl acetate doesn't meet the toxicity
characteristic of a RCRA waste.

Assuming it doesn't meet any other criteria (e.g. ignitability, corosivity)
again brings up the question. What prevents one from discharging it into
the sewer?  Is anyone presently and lawfully doing this?

Ken