Re:?-Chart of the Nuclides

I am unclear about what seem to be two different interpretations of the fission
product fractions on the Chart of the Nuclides going on in theis thread.

Some of the replies seem to indicate that this is a number based on end product
neutron capture by the fragments.  (Which it seems would have a natural "endpoint"
or equilibrium built around nuclides with reasonably long half life and small neutron
capture sections.)

The other seem to indicate that the fraction is the primary fission daughter that is
then subject to neutron capture or other decay.

These seem to be mutually exclusive interpretations.  Am I missing something?

Zack Clayton
zclayton@epa.state.oh.us