Re: Nuclear Golf

Irradiated golf balls used to be available from the AECB site at Pinawa.
There were claims that the distance would be increased by a few percent.
For me, that's just a few more yards into the woods, but for good golfers
this is a real asset.

They have been good enough to let us know what dose they use, and we may
try some with our Co-60 source here at McMaster. Now for the science.

Does anyone have a reference relating the increase in distance, or
coefficient of restitution, with dose? Or aware of any publications in
this area?

John
John Harvey                            | McMaster University
Senior Health Physicist                | NRB-110
(905) 525-9140 ext 24226               | 1280 Main St. W.
harveyj@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca         | Hamilton, Ont Canada L8S 4K1