rules and etiquette

Melissa reminds us of the rules:

Some examples of messages which do not add substantive content to the
discussion are "thank you," "me too," and "I agree" messages; there are
many other such examples.  Although it is tempting to post support
and/or appreciation for the thoughts of another subscriber, or post a
joking "throwaway" comment, such messages do not contribute greatly to
the content to the discussion when considering the increase in message
traffic incurred by them.  If such messages must be sent, please send
them via private e-mail.

     Now that I am getting digests, I would say that a "thank you" or
"sorry" message takes up a whole lot less space than people not
deleting the last three messages they're responding to and filling up
our mailboxes with stuff we've already read once or twice (or three
times)!  But that's just my opinion, not the opinion that counts.

HANDBELL PEOPLE have all gone campan-

David F. Gilmore
Assistant Professor of Environmental Biology
P.O. Box 599, Dept. of Biological Sciences
Arkansas State University
State University, AR 72467
dgilmore@navajo.astate.edu
ph  501-972-3082    fax 501-972-2638