Re: Ion chamber versus GM

Dunn, Wes wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Let's put it this way, I know which side of the argument I would want to
> be on in the event of an administrative hearing that is based on the
> concept that an ion chamber does not detect radiation (which is how a
> hearing examiner will generally see the question).
>
> Which doesn't mean one shouldn't be wary of the NRC definitions and
> strive to get them fixed (whether in your license or the regulation
> itself).
>
> Wes
>
> Wesley M. Dunn, CHP, Director, Environmental Health & Safety
> International Isotopes, Inc.
> 3100 Jim Christal Road
> Denton, Texas  76207
> Wdunn@intiso.com <mailto:Wdunn@intiso.com>
> 940-484-9492; 940-484-0877 (fax)

Did you get the same e-mail message that I did?  Here is what I got for
responding to the "Ion chamber versus GM" message.

Subject: RE: Ion chamber versus GM
    Date:Fri, 30 Jan 98 10:06:19 -0600
    From:"M. Woo" <melissa@zelda.ehs.uiuc.edu>
      To:"Bob Carlson" <carlson@en.com>

Thank you for posting to RADSAFE.  However, in the future, as
noted in the RADSAFE rules of "netiquette," please always include
your e-mail address in the body of your messages so that people
can reply to you directly.  Unfortunately, not all e-mail clients
are able to obtain the address of the original message sender from
the message headers.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.  No response to this
message is necessary.

Your participation in RADSAFE is appreciated!

Melissa Woo
RADSAFE List-Owner/Manager