EPI; New Studies????

Good morning, all.

Having been on the receiving end of an EPI study, and being aware of the effort that must be exercised in addressing the concerns it raises in the workforce (especially with NON-radiation workers), and in considering that the recent EPI studies of radiation workers seems, at best, biased, let me pose a question for discussion. . . .

Should the HPS or some other professional body (NCRP perhaps) mount an effort to obtain funding and perform a "definitive" EPI study using folks that know how to do one properly?

Why or why not?

Jim Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Rocketdyne Space Propulsion and Power / Boeing
mail15077@pop.net

[This is a personal question and is not being asked as part of my official duties with my employer.]