Re[2]: food irradiation stuff (radiation biology lesson?)

     Yeah, but... you don't buy vegetables in order to plant the seeds, you
     buy vegetables in order to eat them!!  And the seeds you eat (e.g.,
     tomato seeds) sure don't germinate and grow plants in your gut.  If
     you want to grow vegetables, you buy seeds (that you don't eat), or
     better still, plants that have been started, the latter, especially if
     you live in a cold climate.

     An aside: germinating seeds are a problem when spent sewage sludge is
     used for fertilizer, because the seeds introduce foreign species into
     ecosystems.

     Just my own opinions.

     Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
     Transportation Systems Department