Re: Food Irradiation - Consumer Reports

Joyce,
As a long time member of CU and subscriber to Consumer Reports, it seems to
me that their skepticism about what are all too often overblown claims by
the proponents of new products/technologies is a healthy one. up to a point.
However, it seems to me that they have in many instances (ie x-rays, food
irradiation) gone beyond skepticism to outright hostility toward the
employment of radiation for purposes where the benefits clearly outweigh
the risks.

Maybe it's a reflection of the culture from which their staff is drawn, but
 it seems to me that someone from HPS, perhaps more specifically from the
Greater New York Chapter, might creatively have a friendly chat with them.
We presumably can speak from a health rather than a commercial perspective.
Andy