Re: Radiacmeter - Canadian Armed Services

Mr. Strydom:

You wrote:
>I recently had someone ask me to identify what radioactive material was
>in an old Canadian Armed Forces Radiacmeter.  It was manufactured by
>R.H. Nichols Co (in the 50s or 60s).  We found a Sr-90 check source
>inside it.  This person has quite a few of these meters (~350) which he
>bought from army surplus in Canada.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to
>what he can do with these.  He was hoping to sell them as collector's
>items from the Cold War era.  If  am correct, he cannot legally sell
>them since they contain RAM.  I suggested he try and return them where
>he got them from.  Any suggestions would be appreciated -- or if 350 of
>you would like one of these instruments ... :) .  Thanks.

Our non-profit organization would be interested in having a meter donated if
possible. We possess an interesting collection of Cold War era material.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Parfrey
Executive Director
Physicians for Social Responsibility, Los Angeles
1316 Third Street Promenade, Suite B1
Santa Monica, California 90401-1325
310.458.2694/phone * 310.458.7925/fax * psrsm@psr.org *
http://www.labridge.com/psr/